More than 25% of the coal Adaro produced was aimed at the domestic market, most of which would be to support power plants in Java and Bali. The three coal mines Adaro operates in South Kalimantan and Central Kalimantan contain combined total coal reserves of 5.7 billion mt. According to the Indonesian Coal Mining Association, Indonesian coal miners expect to produce 340 million metric tons (mt) this year an increase of 23% from 275 million mt last year. About 20% of that amount, around 70 million mt, will be allocated to fulfill domestic demand while the remaining 80% will be exported.