IMI 2015 will convene at the Pavilion of the City of Marion on August 25-26, and will include a trade show element (both indoor and outdoor) as well as technical sessions, a mine rescue competition, awards banquet and the Black Diamond Harley-Davidson Picnic. Optional additions to general registration include a golf tournament and shooting range.
“This premiere mining event attracts mining folks from Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, and even some western states,” IMI officials said of the meeting, which drew about 650 last year.
Technical papers will be offered both days of the meeting, broken up into two sections. Some of the presentations include:
- Types of Dust Suppressants and How They Function – Anthony (Tony) Malloy, Quaker Chemical
- Geological Criteria and Methodology for Estimating Coal Resources and Reserves – Donald Lumm, ECSI
- Conveyor Guarding: Standards and Practices – Jerad Heitzler, Martin Engineering
- An Analysis of Short Encapsulation Bolt Pull Test (SEPT) Data from Interior Basin Coal Mines – Yoginder Paul Chugh, Harrold Gurley and Sankhaneel Sinha, MMRE, SIUC; and Jason Tinsley, Minova
- Response of Petro Pipelines to Longwall Subsidence – Gennaro G. Marino; Marino Engineering Associates
- Development of Moisture Tolerant Rock Dust for Improved Mine Safety – Dave Anstine, Imerys