Effective November 21, the following management team will report directly to Bennett K. Hatfield, executive vice president and COO:
- John R. Jones will join Patriot as vice president of operations-West Virginia South Region, including the Rocklick, Wells, Big Mountain and Paint Creek complexes.
- James N. Magro will serve as senior vice president of operations-West Virginia North Region, including the Panther, Kanawha Eagle and Federal complexes.
- Michael D. Day will serve as senior vice president of engineering and West Virginia Central Region operations, with dual responsibilities for both the corporate engineering group and an operating region that includes the Logan County, Corridor G, Campbell’s Creek and Blue Creek complexes.
- Lawrence J. Millburg will become vice president of operations-Kentucky Region, including the Bluegrass, Dodge Hill and Highland complexes.
- Terry G. Hudson will continue in his current position as vice president of safety and E. Kent Hartsog will continue in his current position as vice president of operations support.
Peabody Energy recently announced Chris A. Shelton has been appointed vice president of applied technology; Allen T. Capdeboscq has been appointed vice president of financial and capital planning; and Amy B. Schwetz has been appointed vice president of investor relations. The company also announced that Brendan Pearson has been appointed vice president of federal government relations, Australia, and Michael Flannigan has been appointed vice president of international relations.
American Electric Power has appointed Robert P. Powers executive vice president and COO. He was previously president of AEP Utilities. David M. Feinberg has been appointed senior vice president, general counsel and secretary, with the retirement of current general counsel D. Michael Miller. Tracy A. Elich has been appointed vice president of human resources. The company also announced Michael Heyeck, senior vice president of transmission, has also been appointed president of Electric Transmission America, a joint venture of AEP and MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co. Scott N. Smith has been appointed senior vice president of transmission strategy and business operations. Robert W. Bradish has been promoted to vice president of grid development, and Mark Peifer has been appointed vice president and assistant to the president of Ohio Valley Electric Corp.
G. William “Bill” Kalb recently passed away. Bill founded TraDet Inc. in 1974 and was president CEO of the Wheeling-based company. In addition, he was a recognized expert consultant worldwide providing knowledge based services to enhance the safety and productivity of thermal coal dryers—a process that included his patents. Bill was a member of the ASTM D-5 committee participating in the development of coal analysis standards. He was also a member of the American Chemical Society and received the Bituminous Coal Research Award in recognition of his outstanding research and publications. Bill was instrumental in founding the Coal Preparation Society of America. Of his many accomplishments the one he may have been proudest of was his role as the chairman and U.S. representative of the International Organizing Committee for the XVI International Coal Preparation Congress held in Lexington, Ky., in May 2010.
Weir International, Inc. has appointed Brady Brosnahan vice president.
SAFEmine has appointed Todd Ruff business development manager-North America.
Pioneer Solutions, LLC has appointed Curtis J. Hanson to its senior management team.
Trolex has appointed Neil McDonald international sales director; Qinglin Li has been appointed business development manager, with responsibility for the development of business in China; and Tim Allard has been appointed key accounts manager.
Anvil International recently promoted Brandon Gunnell to director of marketing.