JENNMAR has reached a five-year agreement with Draeger, granting JENNMAR exclusive distribution rights for Draeger’s gas monitoring devices for the U.S. mining and tunneling marketplaces. JENNMAR will also carry additional Drager product lines to further support the JENNMAR mining and tunneling customer base in the U.S. market.
Some of the Drager products that will be exclusively distributed under the agreement include:
• Drager X-am 5000: Developed especially for personal monitoring applications, this gas detector reliably measures up to five combustible gases and vapors as well as oxygen and harmful concentrations of toxic gases, organic vapors, odorant and amine.
• Drager X-am 2500: The one-to-four gas detector reliably monitors combustible gases and vapors as well as oxygen, carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide.
• Drager X-dock: A modular, function/bump test, calibration, documentation and reporting system.
• Drager ChargeAir Systems: Allows direct refilling of compressed air cylinders on-site, even when while in use during tunneling or mining operations, allowing workers and emergency crews an uninterrupted supply of air.
• Drager MRC 5000 Mine Refuge Chamber: An essential element to any mine rescue plan, the high-quality, underground emergency chamber that can protect mine workers in the event of contaminated air.
“These products will enhance JENNMAR’s sales and add to our presence in providing safety equipment to the mining and tunneling industries,” said Tony Calandra, executive vice president of JENNMAR. “Draeger is a first-class organization with quality products.”
Managing the JENNMAR/Drager alliance and driving customer service and product enhancements will be Brad Rekuc, Draeger sales director, and Jim Pinkley, JENNMAR vice president.
“We are pleased to partner with a company like JENNMAR that so closely aligns with our organization’s vision to make the mining industry more efficient, and more importantly, make the mining industry safer,” Rekuc said.